Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Busy Day



Today was a pretty busy day. It was a good day but it was a busy one. It was so cold this morning that it was hard to get started. By the time we did get going we were running late. Well, not really but it felt like it. We were off to the most fun place in the whole world. Walmart. I am continually surprised at how fast you can spend money at walmart. We did our errands and then we were home. I realized at this point that Morgan had a recital this afternoon I had forgotten to find someone to watch Emmy and Ian. The last time I took them they were so loud that when they announced that Kennedy would be playing they also said that Ian would be singing a solo. I guess that was their nice way of saying he was a little loud. Anyway, after about 5 phone calls I finally got my friend Brekke to take the little ones. Emmy was excited to play with Audrey, her daughter and Ian didn't have a clue. By the time I dropped them off and got to the school, I was running late. I had Morgan's change of clothes with me and was a little upset that I was late, meaning I wasn't 30 minutes early. She did a fantastic job. Then it was a mad dash to get the little ones. The had a blast. One the way home I asked Emmy if she had fun. She told me all about it. "They had a lot of books and Audrey's mom read them to us. She is a lot of nice. You are a lot of mean." And that was her evaluation. I laughed pretty hard. I figure that means that I am doing something right. Since when is a mom thought of a nice when you are 3.

The rest of the night was spent cooking dinner, practicing and chasing Ian out of my cupboards and pantry. It is a pretty full time job and I am a little tired.

4 comments:

Spilsbury Travels said...

even a normal day is full of adventures for the kids.

Kaerlig said...

I love your daughter's comment. My kids have said almost the exact same thing to me.

Anonymous said...

Emmy is a smart girl. She knows what's up, huh.

Audrey said...

you go super mom!