Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Ian


Happy Birthday Ian! My baby is now a year old and I can't believe it. I thought that I would write a little about what he can do and what he likes so I can remember. He is very independent. As soon as he learns to do something, he doesn't want any help anymore. He is walking like a champ but he hates to wear shoes. I finally broke down and bought some of those soft little leather slipper shoes so he had something on his feet other than socks. He is getting use to them. He loves his blanket and his bottle. I have never seen a child so in love with his bottle. It will be a sad day when he doesn't get it anymore. It will be soon, but not today. He loves balls and sticks. His face lights up when he finds one and he has to show it to me like he has just found the best prize in the whole world. He likes to tease and play tricks. He loves his sisters and the "goggy". He loves to play outside and eat dirt. He loves to eat dog food. I have tried to stop him but it is no use. I don't even try anymore. I figure there are a lot worse things that he could put in his mouth than dog food. He loves to eat pasta and macaroni and cheese. He loves to feed himself. As soon as he figured out how to put food in his mouth, I was no longer allowed to help. He hates to be told "no". He loves to climb, the stairs, especially. My favorite, by far, he loves to snuggle. He gives the best hugs around. He can clap and point. He got to ride in a big boy car seat for the first time today and thought that it was pretty great. He has 6 teeth and weighs 20 pounds. My favorite memory of his birth is right after he was born and the nurse had him on the warmer. Scott was right next to him and he said, "Hey, where have you been? We have been waiting for you." It still brings tears to my eyes. We sure are glad he finally made it.

5 comments:

Heather Ridge said...

He is such a cute, sweet little boy. I can't believe he is already one. It seems like yesterday when you were wondering why this baby hadn't come out yet and was going to be a full-term baby.

Kaerlig said...

What Scott said choked me up for a second. So beautiful.

Dog food, eh? If he ever doesn't like what you make for dinner when he's six, remind him he used to eat dog food and he liked it.

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

Looking back at where we were 15years ago, none of this seemed likely...and here is all is, the family, home, whatnot...It really is amazing!

Anonymous said...

He looks like a missionary already in his suit! What a sweetie.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh what a CUTIE!!!!!