Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Okay, to tell the truth, I am struggling a little bit in the whole blogging department since I can't post pictures. My computer gets "hung up" when I try to upload pictures form my camera so you are stuck listening to what I have to say. Either that or just don't read, that is entirely up to you. It is my birthday today. It has been a good day. Ian gave me the best present ever. He slept 12 hours last night starting at 7:45. It was great. I felt great.

I have noticed how the expectations on birthdays have changed over the years. I didn't quite realize how much they had changed until I was having a chat with Emmy this morning. I was making some rolls for a lunch we were going to with some friends and she asked me what I was doing. I told her that I was making rolls for my birthday party and asked her is she wanted to come. Her eyes lit up. "What kind of cake are you going to have?" I'm not sure. "What will your candles going to look like?" I don't know that I am going to have candles. "What is the frosting going to look like?" I'm not sure but I think there will be some frosting. "And there will be lots of presents!" I don't think that there is going to be any presents. She looked at me like I had no idea what a birthday party was all about. Scott made the comment that it was pretty terrible that my friends would have me make rolls for my own birthday lunch. I don't mind making rolls. I rather enjoy it. It isn't hard and I think I am pretty good at it. Then I started thinking. He sure didn't hop out of bed this morning to get the kids off to school so I didn't have to. He didn't think it was crappy that he got to sleep in while I made lunches and took the girls to the bus stop at 6:15am. Life still marches on when you are a mom. I just think a birthday is a great day to guilt my kids into being good for a day.

6 comments:

Tana said...

Happy Birthday Lyn. I so much wish I was there to help you celebrate.
Tana

The Mangums said...

The rolls were great...you can make them on my birthday too :)

sara spils said...

for your birthday i made a blog... how great is that? not very, sorry ... but i did try. Love you!

Heather Ridge said...

I already left you a note on facebook....but I thought I would spread the love here as well....HAPPY B-DAY!!

Kaerlig said...

Life does march on for mothers. Have you noticed it is the same on Mother's Day (at least at my house).

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Lyn! Your rolls are definitely birthday-worthy, even if you have to make them yourself.