Monday, November 10, 2008

8 Miles

I did it. I ran 8 miles Saturday morning. For those of you who don't know, I am training to run a half marathon in February. It will be in Surfside, TX and the only marathon/half marathon to be run on the beach. It will be on hard pack sand so it be too hard. There are a few girls from our ward training. I always take on some goal of self inflicted pain to help get rid of the baby weight and this sounded like a good one. I am not much of a runner. My friend Jean and I ran the 5K for race for the cure a couple of years ago and I thought I was going to die. That is only a little over 3 miles. So now I am training to run 13. I run 3 miles three times during the week and then make the big runs on Saturday. It is amazing what your body can do. I must say that the feeling of doing something that you have never done before is great. It is quite the endorphin high. I just have to remember how great is was so I can put up with the sore muscles for the next couple of days. But I did it!

4 comments:

Heather Ridge said...

Way to go! You gals rock.

Kaerlig said...

Lyn, that is really great. Running is something I really enjoy and it is highly addicting so watch out. I haven't run quite as far as 8 miles lately, but the endorphins are real! Keep it up.

Audrey said...

You are amazing! Now I know why I look up to you. Keep it up, you are looking Great!

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

Wow...I have talked about doing this for years, but thats where it is, talk. Good Luck! Make sure you post finish line pics!